Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nurse Dori calls for help.

Today Pat attempted to go back to work....it failed. Cassidy stayed home from school
with a sore throat and fever of 102, so I was pretty much running around crazy taking care of everyone. Also, I had to get a flu shot at 9 am, which was complicating my morning some. I did get the shot though, we all need to be sure to get them because Ashton can get very sick from us
if we come down with something like the flu during his treatment. A little before
nine, the coordinator from "rehab without walls" called and said she was on her way and was just making sure my husband was home to sign the papers because he was the insurer. I was immediatly on the phone begging Pat to come home. I was already giving him a hard time about going back when so much was going on, but the rehab papers were the real legitimate reason
to get him home. He got home by 11:30, just in time for our appointment...Thanks Phil for being so understanding!! :) So, there wasn't any real rehab for today, just the documents and the scheduling. We are set up for speech tomorrow, Thurs, and Friday. Physical therapy and occupational therapy start Friday. Tomorrow we have another big day up at Stanford. More meetings with the oncology team and a meeting with the dr. who will be giving the radiation.

I was having a really good day until I decided to scroll down "my favorite's" section of my computer. I came across a blog done by an acquaintance from high school named Dino.
I started reading his blog in August, after I saw his obituary in the news paper. He died
of Cancer just about 3 months after being diagnosed. This was another incident where I was so touched by his cancer story and just couldn't get it out of my mind. I saved his blog for if I ever wanted to go back, but I really didn't think about how I would be doing a cancer blog just a few months after his death. This has really gotten me into a funk tonight because he was so positive, had so many people pushing for him and praying but the outcome didn't turn out they way they wanted. So, seeing these types of things just get to me....I know our situations are much different, but in a way it's like, are they really? We just don't know for sure and that is the
real kicker for me....not knowing. I'm a bit of a control freak and not having control over this cancer scares me.

No comments: