Saturday, November 29, 2008

Toys R us

Well, there isn't much to post for today. We had a nice mellow day
at home but we did make a trip to the toy store. I needed to get
Ashton a new means of transportation for when we are cruising through
the hospital corridors. Holding him is beginning to be a bit of a strain
and he tells me a lot that I am hurting him. Obviously I don't mean too
but he is like carrying "dead" weight, he doesn't hold on anymore and I think it
is hurting him as well as me. I was thinking of a wagon but then decided
that would be too hard to load in and out of the car, so I settled on a new
stroller. Whenever we go to toys r us, Ashton has to go back to the bike
section and sit in the black escalade power wheels....Don't know why he
likes that one so much, maybe because the doors open and close, but he
sits in it for as long as I will let him, which has been up to a half hour on one
occasion. Today he kept whispering in my ear that he wanted to see the "motor
cars", thats what he calls them. I took him back and he immediately asked to
get down. I knew what would happen next.....he realized he couldn't walk, yet
again. He started crying so we pulled the car out into the aisle and tried to set
him in it which wasn't good enough for him so he cried more. By this time we
had a full audience of kids and parents looking at us. It probably didn't help
that he refused to wear a beanie cap today and his shaved head and bright
red scar were in plain sight. He got a lot of looks and stares. I knew it would
happen when taking him out and I don't think they are staring in a bad way,
I would stare too because I would feel bad for any child I saw who looked like
they had something terrible happen, and was crying in the aisle because he
couldn't get into the "motor car" by himself. He will one day though and
when that day comes, I'll let him sit in one for an hour if he wants.

No comments: