Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another thing...

Today we had a long talk with on of the surgeons that worked on Ashton. She has always been so sweet to Ashton and I thanked her for being so gentle. She told me that children like him always get to her because they always get a few a year that don't make it. I asked her what would have happened if I had left the Dominican E.R. and he had started to posture at home or in the car ride home. She said it would have probably been too late, that he would have died. She told me we were so lucky to live so close and that recently there was a boy from the central valley airlifted in with the same tumor and he didn't make it because the flight was too long. That just breaks my heart. She also said that the two bags of IV the dr. gave Ashton in the hospital most likely caused the fluid to build up in his brain very fast which caused his emergency. The "what if's" will haunt me forever. I feel so blessed.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We love you all so much, and please know that we are thinking about little Ashton always. If you need ANYTHING, please let us know...we are just a phone call away.
And to all of Pat and Dori's wonderful family and friends- Let's make a silent pact to pray for Ashton's full recovery. He is our little superhero!

Love,
Jeremy, Jessica, and Sabrina