Monday, November 24, 2008

So touched.

We started the day with our first Occupational therapy appointment
at Dominican Rehab. center. It didn't go over very well, but thats to
be expected. Ashton just cried the whole time and told us he wanted
to go home over and over. We didn't stay long but we made another
appointment for the therapist to come to our home. We are still
waiting to hear back from Rehab without walls and once we do we will
cancel the appointments with Dominican. After rehab, we went by
Ashtons Pediatrician's office, I wanted to surprise her with a visit.
She had rushed over to the E.R. when we had our huge emergency
and comforted me and tried to help with the other doctors there any way she
could. I wanted her to see Ashton, and to know that he was ok. Unfortunately
she wasn't in the office until Wednesday, so we will try back then. We
have another therapy appt. that day, so it will work out well. Then we made
a stop at Ashton's great-grandma's house. She is in a wheel chair and can't walk
stairs anymore, so there would be no way for her to see him unless we
went to see her. She was very surprised and happy to see us and it was a nice visit. So I guess
we had a full day of outings. It felt pretty good to run around a bit, we've
been cooped up in the house and before that the hospital, so today felt
a little more like "normal".

I wanted to express how completely touched I am at the out-pouring of
support and kindness from our friends, neighbors, and community.
I am truly blown away! We are so blessed to have such great people
surrounding us and holding us up when we are at our deepest down.
I really can't put into words how much everyone's well wishes and
calls, dinners ,email's, and visits mean to us. I read each and every
email and facebook message...Hi Facebook friends!...and even though
I don't always answer them, they mean so much to me and I truly
feel better after having read them. So, don't be shy everyone...
we need you in more ways you will ever know.

P.S.
Ashton has surgery tomorrow at 11:30 at Stanford to have
his port placed. Please continue those thoughts and prayers
as our little fighter embarks on the next chapter of his long,
long journey.

No comments: