Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Exactly 6 months today.

Today marks 6 months since my family's nightmare began. I can't believe it has been that long already. With all the appointments, treatments, and normal crazy life, it has gone by so fast.
I was looking at old photos earlier and the Ashton I see in them just isn't the same one I know now. He has changed so much. Not just in looks but in age...even through all of this he has grown and matured more then I thought he would. He isn't a baby anymore. 6 months is a lot of time.

We have been home for 4 days now and no fever so far! (knock on wood)
He has been feeling a little less energetic due to the chemo, but he is still so much better
then he was before he started his nausea medication. I also was told he may be feeling better because the radiation is wearing off. I didn't know this, but it can stay with him for up to 6 months after his last treatment! That would mean by July it should be completely worn off.
The dr. told us on Monday that this is the toughest time for him during chemo. I was shocked.
If this is the toughest its going to get then wow he's doing good! I can't wait till all his counts go back up and he can get together with his buddies again. Now that he is feeling so good and the weather is nice, I'm anxious to get him out and about. I have to wait though because of immunity issues, but in about 2 weeks we should be good.

We have a very big day coming up this Friday. He is having another MRI to make sure nothing has grown back. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers....I'm going to be feeling horribly anxious until we get the results, hopefully not long after the scan. We have to be up at the hospital at 7:30 in the morning which means we have to leave our house at 6:30. I will update as soon as we know the results. Keep your fingers crossed and send us all the positive thoughts you can! We need them again!

2 comments:

Patti Erickson said...

We will definately be praying that Ashton's MRI is clear!

Jeff and Jen said...

We are so greatful to God for how well Ashton is doing this time around. We pray that things contiue to go so smoothly and also that his counts will go up quickly so you all can get out and enjoy the sunshine. We will be praying for fridays MRI to be clear. May God continue to be your strength during this not so fun time :)