Saturday, April 18, 2009

Back in the Hospital

Ashton and I are back at LPCH, He got a fever this morning. We will most likely be here until his white counts go back up which could be anywhere from 2 days to a week. I have to be honest, I'm a little scared this time. We don't know what is causing the fever and he is just not acting like himself, he's a little off. He is really tired and right now fell asleep in a totally weird position. He is laying face up like he fell asleep looking at the ceiling and normally he lays on his side. I don't know, it could be nothing. My intuition is telling me something isn't right. He also has a high heart rate, around 160. Its at 170 when he is upset. Normal should be around 120. They think it could be because he is dehydrated, but he has had alot of fluid so far and it is still up. Also, he has a skin infection on his nose. His feeding tube was irritating him and the skin around it got really red and swollen and started to bleed when we were in the ER today. He is on 2 antibiotics so hopefully that takes care of it, but I am a worrier by nature and of course I'm worried he has some flesh eating super bug that won't react to the antibiotics.

I have come to realize that I will never be the same in any ER again. I think I really truely have anxiety problems when I am in them. I just couldn't rest today and kept thinking at any minute Ashton was going to have a seizure or some other type of episode. He was acting weird and sleepy and his eyes couldn't focus on me at one point and they started to shake a bit. The nurse saw it and called in the dr. who checked him out and his eyes were ok. But I got that horrible feeling in my stomach again, just like I did on Nov. 12th. The dr. said that if it happened again he would have a CT scan. I can't wait for this chapter of our life to be over with. I have lost 12 lbs so far due to the stress, and I'm eating more then ever. Please keep those positive thoughts coming...help Ashton get over whatever it is this time and get home soon.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Hi, I know you have no idea who I am, but I am a follower of Ashtons story. I just want you to know that there are people praying for your family daily, people you dont know. The circle of people that pray for Ashton is much broader and wider than you could ever imagine. Your story moves me to tears often. I will continue to pray for healing, strength for Ashton, and strength for you and your family. Hang in there! You are a hero in my eyes!

ashton update said...

Janelle, its very comforting to hear that, thank you.