Thursday, February 26, 2009

The downs.

The last few days, Ashton has been suffering from what I call "the downs".
He just wants to lay in bed...doesn't want to walk anywhere, he's looking pretty
pale, and he isn't wanting to eat much at all. Tonight he went to bed a little after 5pm
and threw up right before. Of course I called the dr. and she said what he is doing is
completely normal for what he has been through. He is still feeling the effects of the
radiation and that combined with his low red counts is making him have no energy.
The doctor thinks he can go the weekend without a transfusion, we have an appt.
Monday. She seems to think he may not even need one on Monday, but I hope he
gets one. It would be nice to see him perk up a bit. I really wanted to take him to the park
tomorrow but its looking like we will spend the day indoors. This will all wear off eventually....probably right in time for him to start chemo. Then that will knock him down again.
The dr. told me tonight on the phone that its going to be a rough 6 months. I can't even imagine.

Ashton said the sweetest thing to me yesterday. I was complaining of a stomach ache and he
patted my back and said "its ok mommy, I'll take care of you." I thought that was just adorable and wanted to share it. With all he is going through and how bad he is feeling, he thought of me and wanted me to be alright. He has such a sweet heart.

No comments: