Thursday, January 29, 2009

He's done!

Today was the last day of Radiation for Ashton..hooray! It was a great day! Everything went really smoothly and we were home by 12:30. Ashton got a couple of gifts from the radiation gang and I posted a bunch of photos on my facebook page. It was just a really happy day. Soon after we arrived home, we had to leave again to go to the park. Ashton has been loving to go there these last few days and it is great to see him play with his good buddies again. I had another reason to go there today though. A reporter from the Santa Cruz Sentinel called yesterday and we arranged to meet up at the park for an interview and photos. It was all really interesting and there will be a story in tomorrow's (Friday's) paper. I can't wait...the reporter was really sweet. I noticed later that she joined Ashton's cause on Facebook, I thought that was pretty cool. More news...Ashton took a few nice steady steps today on top of the play structure at the park. You can tell he is really trying hard to find his balance and take those few steps...the great thing is how proud he is when he does it. He says "look mommy" and has his little sly smile the whole time. I am just so amazed at his progress from just a few days ago. I know he will continue to excel during this break and I am so relieved to know that the hard part is behind us. Tomorrow, I plan to sleep in a bit and gear up for our big night on Saturday. I hear there are some really nice raffle prizes and auction items that have been donated. Can't wait to see everyone there!

No comments: