Friday, August 28, 2009

He's DONE!

Well, today at about 2:30 I watched as the last dose of chemo was administered to Ashton. It was a very small amount, part of the protocol is to give Vincristine on day 1 and day 9 so this was "officially" his last treatment! WOOO HOOOO! I really hope I'm not jumpin the gun when I say he's done for good. Every time I tell people I try to knock on wood, just in case. I don't want to jinx myself. So, he is feeling really good! He is still gaining weight and hasn't been sick at all since last weekend. Its as if he didn't really have that last treatment at all. He does have all the low counts now though. We are keeping our fingers crossed for no fever again. His platelets are getting low and so is his hemoglobin so the dr. already scheduled him to have transfusions on Monday. Once his counts go up though we get to watch him heal, grow hair, and the part I'm most excited about is seeing his eyelashes grow back. He had the most amazing eyelashes. This is such a great time! Unfortunately it will be short lived once Sept 23rd rolls around. Thats the date for his next MRI and even as I think of it now I get butterflies in my stomach. I am trying to stay as positive as I can. He has fought so hard and done so well. So, HOORAY to ASHTON! My little man, my sweetie, my HERO! You are an inspiration.

I wanted to see if everyone can get those prayers and positive thoughts going for Ashton's buddy Ty. He is having some big scans this week and we are all hoping his cancer is gone, or at least shrunk. You rock Ty! Thank you Carmen for posting about Ashton too :)

No comments: